Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I am honored to know you


We at ABS had a guest for the last ten days from Cambodia. He is actually a Filipino Christian missionary who has introduced many people to Jesus Christ and taught them about their relationship with the Lord. But what set him apart for me was not his impressive resume, but Rainier's gentle spirit and tireless desire to help people. He was zealous for GOD without being obnoxious to others because of his meekness and love. He held himself to high personal standards but was not pushy with them. Instead he inspired us to do more, better, he inspired us to be more. He has been a breath of fresh air at the right time during a sultry wearying summer.

He had stayed in my old apartment (prompting the thorough cleaning it desperately needed) so he was close to us yet had his privacy too. Now he is in Georgia before making the long journey back home to Cambodia. We are getting back to work. Thus my lunch break is over and I need to do the same.

PS. You may have noticed that I have started closing my posts with a quote or thought from God's Word. It is a reminder to me to think, and to remember that encouragement is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, who authored God's Word.

"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (Galatians 6:9)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home