Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's the little things

Possibly the first of many, "it's the little things that make me happy." Like a favorite kind of cereal. While in Tehachapi with Denise and the kids, I found a new kind of shredded wheat - one vaguely similar to cinnamon rolls (my favorite home-baked goodie in the whole world as of right now). So we bought it and fell in love with it. Alas, Devin loved the cereal more than I and I only got one bowl of it. And I glumly came home not expecting to find it yet here so far away from the land of good breakfast cereal (the land of fruits, nuts, and flakes). Surprise, surprise! Even in backward Nosepick, Arkansas, I found this new cereal on my store shelf. So I splurged and bought a box (okay, four boxes not all the same kind. I'm kind of a cerealaholic).

This weekend was good, though pictureless as I forgot my camera or I was told not to publish any of the pictures (some of my family is very secretive for reasons unknown to me). I did get to visit with my mom's family and eat their exceptionally good cooking, including smoked brisket. I preached at one church on Sunday morning (with divine intervention preventing a nasal disaster from my raging head cold). Then I was with my home church family for the evening, both for church service and hanging out by the pool of my friends' house. So overall a good weekend.

Monday was about catching up with people I hadn't seen in nearly a month or so. We caught up on news plus discussed doctrinal issues that we barely grasp well enough to know we need to know more before teaching them to others. I enjoy this coterie of friends who want to base not only our teaching, but our lifestyle by what the Bible teaches Christians to be. It often shakes us from what is comfortable and familiar, but forces us to anchor our answers to something more solid than tradition.

Now it is time to get to work again. Studying, cleaning, and calling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home