Sunday, July 16, 2006

In passing,


Well I overcame my faulty memory and finally recalled what my login was (I have a mind like a steel trap, whatever gets in it doesn't come out without getting severly mangled.). So now I am doing a quick update before taking off for a week at church camp.
Work was not too bad as I caught up with some office work and meeting people. Plus I had some teaching appointments that I managed to get covered.
Then Saturday was the funeral for my oldest cousin, Lonnie. His death was precipitated by a massive heartattack that proved more than his body could recover. He was enough older than I and rarely at family events that I attended that I did not know him well. But I was much relieved to know that he had been prepared. Lonnie had prepared some instructions regarding his affairs before his incapacitation and passing. But more importantly he was prepared regarding himself after death. When he was a young adult, he had asked Jesus Christ to forgive his sins and trusted Him as his Lord and Savior. While Lonnie was not a perfect man (otherwise the rest of us sinners would have been jealous), his sins were covered by Christ's blood through Lonnie's faith. That was reassuring news to hear that I would see him again on the other side of death. He taught us a good lesson in that regard. Thanks Lonnie.
The theme of last week continued through the weekend with me concentrating on spending time with family. I got to talk with Dad before he left for a weeklong trip to San Antonio. My big brother and his family was there Saturday as well. My nephews are insisting that I come spend a weekend with them befoe school starts (I'm working on it). I spent some time talking with Grandma who hasn't been feeling good but those times happen when you are in your 90's. Then I spent time with Mom and my younger brother. Mom wanted to hear all about my trip, see pictures of her grandkids (and their parents) in California, and general catching up.
So it has been a busy weekend (I actually left out some of the other important but unrelated activities with friends who are like family but in a different way). But I need sleep right now, that and relief from the heat.

Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home