Monday, July 31, 2006

I love Oklahoma

Oklahoma has been good to me. Not the least of which, it is home to my birthplace. Plus it is home for my big brother and his wonderful family. I got to spend much of the weekend with them. I am reminded that it is a funny privilege to be a Harris (literally, we make each other laugh without really trying, we just say what we think). On top of that, I got introduced to many of the nephews' friends with whom I was impressed. Including my niece, they seem to be really great kids. Mission accomplished, spent a good weekend just hanging out with family (which is becoming increasingly important to us). This would be the second privilege of family, getting closer through adversity.

Oklahoma was also good to me in a financial way. While driving through Kansas OK, I was pulled over by one of their local police officers. I had not been paying close attention to speed limit signs nor my speedometer, so he informed me that I was driving a little over the speed limit. He politely asked me to slow down and sent me on my way. Praise God, no ticket! Thank you to those police who are still more interested in protecting lives and ensuring safety than in collecting revenue for their employers. From now on I am going to do business in this little town as much as possible on my trips to Tulsa. Thanks.

Well, it's time to go to work. Thanks for reading these little updates. Sorry, no pics. Can't upload to Blogger again.

2 Comments:

At 13:08, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Don't get frustrated with trying to get pictures on your blog - it happens to me all the time. Practice patience and it all works - when it is ready.

 
At 08:47, Blogger Brad said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Donna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home