Sunday, August 06, 2006

We'd rather be bored together than bored apart.

Well, I got a laugh from my roommate. Not only did he find out that I am blogging now (which was very funny to him, not sure why) but that I quoted him (someone who doesn't talk much as is). So I decided to mention him twice while the opportunity exists (though nothing quotable this time).

Otherwise it was a good weekend considering how it was not what I planned. The teen lockin proved to be a misunderstanding between the host and I. So I wound up finishing the night with my teenagers solo at the church. Good bunch of kids that are easily entertained helps me immensily. We spent an exorbitant amount of time playing a variant on hide and seek - Sardines. One (or two) go hide and then everyone else breaks up and tries to find him or her. Once you do find this person, you join them in their hiding place. Simple enough. Turn the lights off at 1am in a church building and add almost a dozen 12-14yr olds and the fun begins. They spent a good part of the night being scared of the dark. But the boys and girls were well-behaved considering the reputation hormonal teenagers have. I am real proud of them.
{This is what happens when I let their kids do stupid stuff - I take pictures while they eat carpet.}

However, if I spend that long without sleeping more than 30 minutes, I get run down. Appparently so do they. They were still dragging today at church. Made me feel not so old. Saturday afternoon I was so tired that I actually "microsleeped" while the visiting missionary from Cambodia was telling me an exciting story. I'm going to bed soon.

Then I took some pictures of my friends from church tonight with help of my able assistant, Patrick. I'll throw one of those on here too. One of my favorite things about my church (besides my cool youth group who don't even read this blog anyways) is how we seem to enjoy spending time together. Church ended this evening and we spent another 30 minutes or more talking to each other, hanging out. Even more remarkable since we had an official fellowship the night before (that I missed in order to wash clothes and sleep). Good bunch of folks.


Anyways more news later when I don't need to go to bed. BTW, the title is a quote from my teenagers to convince me to let them stay at the church longer Saturday morning before taking them home. Next time I will try not to let them be so bored/boring.

1 Comments:

At 10:00, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Sounds like you are having a good time with some smart kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home