Thursday, August 03, 2006

That is egregious

That is the words of my roommate when he looked around the corner into my bedroom to see the colossal pile of "stuff" at and around my closet. It was a bit much. But I am finally moved out of my old apartment (the "loft") and committed to the "penthouse" (aka top floor of the bi-level duplex (every place in the ABS compound has a nickname including the "compound" itself)) and living with roommates again. It is a relief to have that out of my schedule now, though sorting the mess out will remain in my list of things to do for the rest of the year if not the rest of my life!



Then the reason was worthwhile even beyond being nearly mandatory. We have a missionary-pastor arriving here from Cambodia in the morning Friday and he is staying in my old place (now being styled as a "prophet's chamber" of sorts from 2 Kings 4:8-11). Another friend of mine helped me do the last of the cleaning, vacuuming, and stocking while a friend from the "Oasis" (downstairs from the "loft") made up the bed for Bro. Rainier. It looks a lot better and cleaner than it ever did when I was living there. Jesus said something about, what we did for His servants, we did for Him. So we tried to do a pretty decent job. Maybe not nice enough for a king, but we've tried to use the best we have available.



Other exciting news, my youth group at church was abruptly larger last night. I teach the teenagers on Wednesday nights (We are memorizing the Ten Commandments (not as easy as you might think)). And our group of friends have again brought more of their friends to our merry meeting, including more girls (we had been blessed with a lot of guys but only now are we getting more gender balanced (it would be more so if I had some adult female help alongside me but alas not yet)). A good bunch of kids that I wouldn't trade for anyone else's kids (made official when I turned down an offer to teach someone else's teens). They want to be taught from the Bible, to learn some good stuff, and to have some simple entertainment afterward.

Good times. God bless ya,

Brad

1 Comments:

At 09:57, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Are you seriously going to get ALL that stuff in that closet?????? Please post the after picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home