Monday, October 23, 2006

Something has to give

Tonight is an evening off in town. I intended to do something I cannot remember doing for ... well a really long time. I was planning my evening around watching a TV show. My brother got me interested in watching Heroes, however, the neighbors had something else they wanted to watch (nuts). So I started trying to download previous episodes, the download site and my computer inexplicably won't speak to each other (nuts). So once my roommate gets it downloaded, I probably won't have time to watch it tonight (nuts). So instead, I am updating the ol' blog instead of updating the ABS website (nuts). Life is about choices.

Otherwise, nothing really worthy of calling news. I've taught more than a few times since Oct 1. I've not been home to Mom's until this last weekend (I had a relaxing time there though). I finally got to go see Grandma over the weekend (she's doing pretty good for 93). She made me my favorite supper (hash, homemade cornbread, and apple pie). Plus we kicked back and shot the breeze. Did the same with Mom and Brian (at separate times of course). I've had a cold for about a week. I went to part of the football game where the Razorbacks beat up on some Div. I-AA team (actually an accomplishment since we used to struggle with teams like that). I bought (finally) bought tires for my truck and got some steering part replaced which has me counting my pennies in hopes of paying that bill without breaking into my piggie bank. I did go camping twice (once with a married couple and another time solo during a meteor shower). I haven't really been taking any pictures. Ohh, that's about all of that non-news.

I guess some big news is that I've had two guys from my youth group decide to become followers of Christ ("get saved" or "born again" as we call it around here ). That is some pretty exciting decisions on their part.

So off to Walmart I go. Aufwiedersehn.

Brad

"For by grace you are saved by faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

1 Comments:

At 17:26, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Camping in a meteor shower - how awesome! Homemade cornbread and apple pie makes me hungry and jealous. (Welcome back).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home