Sunday, October 01, 2006

Burning Cash


"Fall Creek waterfall, last weekend"


The title is courtesy of my "metalhead" roommate who has suddenly discovered Johnny Cash's version of Hurt and When the Man Comes Around (he was referring to burning it onto CD). I am thankful for the unique pleasure of savoring the same songs that he does.

Otherwise, it was a pleasant weekend with family, then friends. I buzzed home to help my little brother celebrate big number 25 (halfway to fifty, quarter-century, etc.) I'm past it so I don't have to worry about retaliation for a while (hee,hee). He took it well, as expected. We got to talking among us three and twenty-five was a remarkable year for Mom and I both. She left a job, city, and more to go back home, then got married. I left Fayetteville and home to pursue my dream of being a ranger while I was twenty-five.

Our praise and worship band at ABS had a couple invites to perform, one at a local coffeeshop, the other was at my church in Bentonville. I helped with logistics only. But they did great and gave God the glory for what they do with humor and humility.


"same mysterious waterfall from Devil's Den as last post"


Personally, I've been hanging in there. I will probably sneak out again tomorrow evening, maybe I'll sleep out under the stars. We'll see how my schedule plays out. But unless it is raining, it will feel good to be outside. Reading, contemplation, and imagination are on the proposed agenda.



You can help me out. The left picture had a longer exposure than the one on the right. The lighting to my eye resembled the right more so, but I like the blur of the water in the left. Both are of the big waterfall at Dripping Springs. I'm not sure why the carnation got pasted in twice because one of these from this post was supposed to go there instead. Oh well.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." (Philippians 4:19-20)

2 Comments:

At 21:39, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Brad, I think both pictures are beautiful, but I just like the shots and am not that precise on exposure and such (which is usually noticeble in my shots). You take amazing pictures.

 
At 23:14, Blogger Brad said...

Hoo-boy, this is abysmal. Update it for crying out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home