Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Horses and Harleys


So it has been a few days since I last wrote here. Not much exciting by my standards to report, just continuous something next to do. I know that discontent is my worse enemy. Challenge and usefulness are not always enough to keep me engaged and enthused about life. I can't explain it well enough for even these statements to be accurate.

Nonetheless, I can't say that I am unhappy, just discontent. I want more or something else, I'm not sure if I can decide or say out loud. But for those of you who interact with me, it is not a surprise that there are a few things I am not sure how to change without making matters worse. So I keep plodding through the rut waiting for inspiration from above.

I have still been getting out once a week or so for hiking, though Saturday I took another traveler along with me. So I am past due for a solo trip some morning, maybe tomorrow to think and listen. Probably not, I will be tired and not eager for adventure before work in the morning.



BTW, Colcord Oklahoma is home of the interesting juxtaposition of the past and the present. The crawdad (mudbug, crayfish) was observed walking from one creek to another across a rocky point. And the waterfall is away from the trail at Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas. There was another waterfall at Dripping Springs but those pics are for next time. But I wonder what the story was behind the carnation in the stream.


4 Comments:

At 22:53, Blogger Duane said...

Dude sorry about your discontent - kind of seems to be going around... You probably just need to call your little bigger sister! I am sure she would like to hear from you. Okay - shameless plug done...

On another note - nice photographs - as usual. I especially liked the water fall shot.

 
At 10:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were there for you. You can call me anytime. That waterfall was awesome. I bet it would be a great place to just sit and think. Providing you had not previously drank a lot of water. (you know what I mean, falling water). Smile. I love you

 
At 14:26, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Your pictures are awesome. You seem to be walking a good path,and the one thing that is constant is change. The Serenity Prayer works well for me.

 
At 20:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I want to know...what brought you to Colcord? It's hard to go ambling through the place, you basically have to be destined to go there, like on an errand. It's the only place to go if you're going down Hwy. 116. If you're coming from Gentry you're trying to get to Hwy. 10/59 to go to Grove or Tahleqah. If you leave Hwy 10/59 to get to Arkansas you must have Bentonville as a destination. Just wondering from a Colcord citizen, who knows about the juxtaposition that Colcord seems to require to be a citizen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home