Monday, May 31, 2010

Oklahoma!



It's good to go back to the land of my nativity (meaning: place where I was born). This was Libby and I's first time to really have some free time around there. So I showed her places I thought of fondly from my childhood. So in honor of the double graduation of both our nephew and niece, we drove to Tulsa for a short vacation.

Congrats to Jeff and Arran on graduation from BA High. Congrats to Gene and Cindy on getting all three kids through high school. I'm not sure who is more excited that they are done, parents or children. Thanks to Over one thousand students graduated with them, which made it a really big deal even in the Mabee Center.

Following the ceremony, we drove up Riverside Drive, enjoying the scenery. We wandered around downtown, which is much less sketchy than it used to be. Spent the night at a HIEx, and the next morning we went to Expo Square for the horse show.




Not sure if you are aware of this, but the Golden Driller is HUGE! I somehow thought that like all other things, he would seem smaller now that I am an adult. Nope. Standing at his feet, he is monstrous. Even Libby was impressed. Especially since her experience with giant statuary consists of the 12 foot tall chicken in Springdale (pictures soon to follow).

Gene and Cindy then took us to lunch at one of his childhood favorites - Brownie's. The food combined with the stories of old have made Brownie's my new favorite burger place in Oklahoma. Not sure who was the old favorite burger place, so eclipsing is Brownie's. Libby and I plan to work their grilled onions into our burgers at home. But we won't be able to duplicate the fries.

I conclude with a couple Catoosa favorites taken on the way out of town from a previous trip. The pics from Natural Falls State Park will wait for another day (I didn't like most of them anyway).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home