Friday, January 09, 2009

Last to know . . .

So, I admit it. In fact, I said as much in my last post six months ago. I have been keeping secrets from the web. The secret back then was that I was dating a wonderful young lady from the ministry here. As you guessed from the picture below, a lot has happened since June of '08. We're married!!


Her name is Libby, but I know that she is an answer to prayer as well as my best Christmas gift ever. We met a little over a year ago, but did not have opportunity to become friends until late last January. From there, we carefully considered each other's heart as we let God guide our relationship building. By September, I knew that I was ready to marry her. And on the Friday before Christmas, we made our wedding vows before a couple hundred of our family and friends.

We tried to keep the expenses low. We were married in our home church by our pastor (which was the best we could ask for). We also kept the wedding party small. As you can see, my little brother was my best man as he has been my best friend longer than any of my other friends have known me. The bride's maid (who is out of view in this shot) was the young lady who was responsible for Libby and I meeting and having opportunity to get to know one another.

So now we are back from our honeymoon in Eureka Springs and Branson, and we are happily getting settled into our tiny little apartment. Formerly, it was known as the bachelor pad or the loft, now it is the honeymoon suite. And yes, it has been a MAJOR undertaking, trying to rehabilitate that old house into something suitable for my thankfully-adventurous wife.

Thank you for the prayers and patience as I put this blog on hold until I was ready to spill my secret. Now that we are married, the rest of you can know that I am seeing someone really special . . . for the rest of my life.

3 Comments:

At 18:14, Blogger Duane said...

Brad, I am so happy for you and wish that we could have been there! Look forward seeing more updates!

 
At 17:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad thanks for posting wedding pics. Sorry we missed it. Libby looks lovely.

 
At 14:10, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Wow - congratulations! That was some "little secret". I wish you all the joy, love and happiness in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home