Friday, May 30, 2008

High Water

I didn't think that I had been taking that many pictures, but apparently they can add up when it has been almost three months since the last time I blogged, much less added pictures. Thus I had some to choose from. I wanted to get somewhat caught up before Duane gets here. I am really excited about our little photography trip. It will be some familiar territory for me, but one that I have never photographed to any large degree. Which is why I need to make sure that we don't need permits to photo it either. Still working on that Duane.
Anyways, the heavy rains this spring have kept the creeks flowing high with white water. I have other waterfall pics, but these are the first ones. I will add more later. I like waterfalls. The bridge shot on top is for real. This is an actual highway bridge in Beaver, Arkansas that is underwater because the Corps cannot get water out of Table Rock Lake without flooding someone else. So the highway and bridge is under water indefinitely.



These two are obviously of the same waterfall, Eden Falls near the Buffalo River. But I didn't appreciate how big it was until I saw the second picture again. Wow, the people seem so small next to it. By the way, Lost Valley is a crazy beautiful place when the water is flowing good. I ought to go back again soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:39, Blogger Duane said...

I'm looking forward to this trip too! I think we are going to have a lot of fun and get some great shots! I love the ones you posted. Speaking of waterfalls - maybe we should work that in as well - if we can get our exposures low enough (ND filters) it can look pretty darn amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home